The 500 Hidden Secrets of Antwerp
1 in stock
- What are the 5 best restaurants to eat like a local in Antwerp?
- What are the 5 best flower shops in the city?
- Where are the 5 best places to find Antwerp paintings?
- What are the 5 most inspiring museums?
- Where can you find the 5 best pools and spas?
The 500 Hidden Secrets of Antwerp reveals these good-to-know addresses and many, many more. It is an affectionate guide to the city, written by a British journalist who has lived in Belgium for more than 20 years. His aim is to reveal the 500 places and details that no one knows, like a secret street hidden behind an old gate, the art cinema that seats just 50 people and organises soft porn movie nights, or the ship that was rebuilt as a hotel. Some are places to visit, others are bits of information, for example on the people who have shaped the Antwerp fashion scene or important dates in Antwerp’s history. The aim is not to cover the city form A to Z, but to inspire.
This is a book for visitors who want to avoid the usual tourist spots and for residents who are keen to track down the city’s best-kept secrets. 500 addresses and facts in total, presented in original lists of 5. Maps & index included.
- last update June 2018
- language English
- author Derek Blyth
- photography Joram Van Holen
- finish soft cover
- # pages 256
- format 12 x 18 cm